Can an employment Pass holder switch to an S Pass?

Employment Pass (EP) holders can consider a switch to an S Pass instead, if they no longer meet the prevailing EP criteria. However, employers must ensure that:

There is no need to cancel the EP before applying for an S Pass. After the S Pass application is approved, then proceed to cancel the EP, before getting the S Pass issued.

For those with dependents, they will need to apply for new Dependant’s Passes under the S Pass.