Immigration FAQ

Not every application will be successful, as Immigrations has tightened the criteria for the S Pass to raise the overall quality of the foreign workforce. There could be multiple reasons for this. However, all is not lost, You have 3 months to appeal an unsuccessful S Pass application, but you should do so only if you can address the reasons for rejection. If you miss this time period, you will have to submit a new application. You can check the rejection advisory in EP Online to view the reasons for rejection and get advice on what to do next. If you applied manually, check the rejection letter. To proceed with the submission for appeals, do note that only the employer or the authorised third party who submitted the application can do so. Appeals are usually processed within 3 weeks, and you can always log in to EP Online to check your appeal status.
  • A passport that is valid for at least six months
  • Sufficient funds for the length of your intended stay
  • A submitted SG Arrival Card
  • A valid Singapore entry visa (to check whether you need a visa, see ICA’s Visa Requirements) *Kindly note that we do not offer services for Singapore’s entry/travel visas!
  • A confirmed onward or return ticket (where applicable)
  • Evidence that you can enter your next destination (for example, a visa)
  • A Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable
  • Travellers are required to adhere to the latest travel requirements and advisories on the SafeTravel website, where applicable.
If you are eligible for entry, you will receive a Visit Pass which will indicate the period of stay granted. From 11 March 2022, all foreign visitors arriving in Singapore will be notified digitally of their Visit Pass (e-Pass) through email. There will not be any endorsement on your passport. The e-Pass notification will indicate the period of stay granted and last day of stay allowed. Please ensure that you provide a valid email address when submitting the SG Arrival Card. While in Singapore, on a visit pass, you are not permitted to engage in any business, professional or paid employment activities.
For those holding an Employment Pass (EP) or S Pass, you will have to earn a minimum fixed monthly salary of SGD6,000 (This is based on your salary, and not based on your combined household income.), and you have to be sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer). You can get a pass for the following family members:
  • Legally married spouse.
  • Unmarried children under 21 years old, including legally adopted children.
For EntrePass holders, you can only bring your family in if you meet the requirements for total annual business spending and local employment:
  • To bring your spouse (common-law or legally married) or children: total annual business spending of at least SGD100,000; and you must employ at least 3 LQS (full-time employees, formerly known as FTE) OR 1 local PME (professional, manager or executive)
  • To bring your parents: total annual business spending of at least SGD200,000; and you must employ at least 6 LQS (full-time employees, formerly known as FTE) OR 2 local PMEs (professional, manager or executive)
(Tip: If your family members are not eligible for a Dependant’s Pass, they may qualify for a Long Term Visit Pass instead.) Note: Family members of Employment Pass holders who chose to apply as an overseas ICT under WTO GATS or an applicable FTA are not eligible for Dependant’s Passes or Long Term Visit Passes, except where they are specifically covered by an applicable FTA and meet the prevailing criteria for consideration.
The list of objectionable occupations includes masseurs, bar and lounge hostesses. Food stall owners with a Singapore Food Agency (SFA) licence are also not eligible to apply for an S Pass.
You will have to submit a new Employment Pass application for your S Pass holder. There is no need to cancel the S Pass while doing so.
If you hold a Work Permit and wish to apply for an S Pass, first ensure that you are eligible for the S Pass by using the S Pass self-assessment tool. If you meet the requirements, your employer can then apply for an S Pass for you. Do note that your employer has to meet the quota requirements too. (Tip : Your employer should apply for the S Pass as early as possible.)   You can remain in Singapore while the application is being made, as long as your Work Permit is valid. Your employer doesn’t have to cancel the Work Permit before the S Pass is approved. If your Work Permit is expiring before you get the S Pass application outcome, your employer can request to extend your Work Permit. The extension is subject to MOM’s approval.
Yes, you can apply for an S Pass while you are on a visit pass in Singapore. However, your visit pass will not be extended while you await the outcome of your application. You will have to return to your home country when it expires. We will inform your employer of the outcome of the S Pass accordingly.
Employment Pass (EP) holders can consider a switch to an S Pass instead, if they no longer meet the prevailing EP criteria. However, employers must ensure that: There is no need to cancel the EP before applying for an S Pass. After the S Pass application is approved, then proceed to cancel the EP, before getting the S Pass issued. For those with dependents, they will need to apply for new Dependant's Passes under the S Pass.
The EntrePass allows eligible foreign entrepreneurs to start and operate their own business in Singapore, is only considered if you have started, or intend to start, a private limited company registered with ACRA that is venture-backed or possess innovative technologies, and have met any of the required innovative criterias as an entrepreneur, innovator or investor. On the other hand, the Employment Pass allows foreign professionals, managers and executives to work in Singapore, under a registered local company, and is the more common option.
Unfortunately, we do not provide any services for job searches or employment in Singapore. However, we are able to assist you and work with your local employer for your work pass application, after you have successfully applied and joined a local company. If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact us.