Love knows no borders, and for those who have found their hearts entwined with someone in Singapore, the Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) is a vital bridge that allows couples and families to be together. The LTVP is designed to reunite loved ones, fostering family ties and ensuring that those who are essential to the well-being of residents in Singapore can be by their side. In this guide, we’ll explore the eligibility criteria, application process, and the benefits of the LTVP.
Eligibility Criteria for LTVP
To be eligible for an LTVP, you must meet specific requirements and fall into one of the following categories:
- Spouse of a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR): If you are legally married to a Singaporean citizen or PR, you can apply for an LTVP.
- Unmarried Children (below 21 years old) of a SC or PR: SCs and PRs can apply for LTVPs for their unmarried children below the age of 21.
- Common-Law Spouses: Common-law spouses of SCs or PRs are eligible for the LTVP, provided they can prove their relationship’s legitimacy.
- Handicapped Children (above 21 years old) of SCs or PRs: Parents can apply for LTVPs for their handicapped children above 21 years old if they can demonstrate the child’s disability.
- Stepchildren and Legally Adopted Children: Stepchildren and legally adopted children of SCs or PRs are also eligible for LTVPs.
Application Process for LTVP
The process of applying for an LTVP involves several steps:
- Prepare Required Documents: Gather the necessary documents, including your identification, passport-sized photos, proof of relationship, and any additional documents related to your eligibility category.
- Complete the Application Form: Download and complete the LTVP application form available on the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website.
- Submit Your Application: Submit your application through the ICA’s e-Service portal or at the ICA Building. Ensure that all required documents are attached.
- Payment of Fees: Pay the relevant application fee. Fees may vary depending on the specific LTVP category and processing time.
- Processing Time: The processing time for LTVP applications can vary. You can check the status of your application online through the ICA website.
- Approval and Issuance: Once approved, you will receive a Letter of In-Principle Approval (IPA). You or your sponsor (if applicable) must visit the ICA to complete the formalities and receive the LTVP.
Benefits of the LTVP
Obtaining an LTVP comes with several advantages:
- Family Reunification: The primary benefit is reuniting with your loved ones who are Singaporean citizens or PRs.
- Access to Employment: LTVP holders may apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) to work in Singapore.
- Education Opportunities: LTVP holders can enroll in local educational institutions, including schools and universities.
- Healthcare Access: Access to Singapore’s world-class healthcare system and subsidies for medical expenses.
- Social Integration: The LTVP allows for seamless social integration into Singaporean society and community life.
The Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) serves as a crucial means of reuniting loved ones in Singapore. Whether you are married to a Singaporean citizen, have common-law status, or are a parent seeking to be with your children, the LTVP offers a pathway to family unity. By meeting the eligibility criteria and following the application process, you can enjoy the numerous benefits that come with this pass, ensuring that love knows no boundaries in the Lion City.