What is EntrePass?
The EntrePass (also known as Entrepreneur Pass) is an entrepreneur work visa to support foreign entrepreneurs to enter and establish businesses in Singapore. This visa type allows eligible foreign entrepreneurs to start and operate their business in Singapore, only if the business is venture-backed or possesses innovative technologies.
Who is eligible for the EntrePass?
The EntrePass is open to all nationalities. However, to be eligible for this particular type of visa, you need to meet both conditions:
- Have started, or intend to start, a private limited company registered with ACRA that is venture-backed or owns innovative technologies.
- If registered, the company must be less than 6 months old on the applied date of the EntrePass
- If not registered, you can do so after knowing the outcome of the EntrePass application
2. Must meet any of the following innovative criteria:
- Has raised funding from a Government-recognised VC or business angel
- Is an incubatee at a Government-recognized incubator/accelerator in Singapore
- Strong business network and good track record of starting highly scalable businesses
- Holds relevant intellectual property
- Has research collaboration with an institute of Higher Learning or credible research institute in Singapore
- Extraordinary achievements in key areas of expertise
- Good track record of investing in and contributing to growth of successful business
How to apply for the EntrePass?
To apply for the EntrePass, you will need to download the EntrePass application form and submit it over the counter at any SingPost Branch. Next, MOM will route the relevant applications to the various partner agencies for evaluation and endorsement, and will inform all applicants on the results of their application. This process will usually take around 8 weeks, before the EntrePass is granted.
For more information on how Xignam can assist you with your EntrePass application, visit us at https://xignam.com/ today or contact us directly to speak to any of our knowledgeable consultants!
– Written by: Patricia Shareleen, Cayman Management Consultants
– Edited by: Ho Carmen, Cayman Management Consultants
#sgexpats #expatlife #expatsingapore #singaporeimmigration #caymangh #xignam #business #localbusiness #company #entrepass #workpass #entrepreneur #singapore