Have you ever wanted to travel overseas during your long summer breaks, but found that you didn’t have the funds for it? Are you looking to explore a new environment and experience a new culture? Why not come to Singapore?
One of the most developed economies in the world, Singapore has a Work Holiday Pass for international students or young graduates looking for work while on holiday in Singapore. A Work Holiday Pass allows you to take on informal work in Singapore without a long-term or full-time job placement.
To be eligible for this visa, there are some requirements that you need to fulfil:
- You need to be a foreign student or young graduate aged 18 to 25 at the time of application.
- You must be an undergraduate or graduate of a university in Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom or United States.
- Your university must be recognised by the government of the respective countries or regions.
- For undergraduates, you must have been a resident and full time student of the university for at least 3 months before applying for the Work Holiday Pass to Singapore.
- For graduates, you are required to have been a resident and full time student of the university before you applied for the Work Holiday Pass.
The Work Holiday Pass is non-renewable and does not afford the same benefits as a Work Pass such as long-term stays and the ability to sponsor your family’s entry into Singapore. After 6 months the pass will expire, after which you must return to your home country.
The Work Holiday Programme has maximum a capacity of 2,000 applicants at any one time, so you will need to plan and apply ahead of time if you are hoping to attain the Work Holiday Pass. If you are interested in applying for the Work Holiday Pass, you can visit our website www.xignam.com for more information. Our friendly consultants are also available to advise you on applications!